A behind the scenes look at the business structure of my architecture practice with insights on how I’ve pivoted from the traditional business model adopted by architects to one that divorces time from revenue.
This video offers a few short excerpts from my interview with Enoch Sears of the Business of Architecture podcast and includes a brief introduction by me.
If you watch only one thing, make sure it’s my answer to his question about selling out at 6m 22s.
The full two-part interview can be found on Enoch’s YouTube channel, Part 1: https://youtu.be/8tt4kYF9QM4and Part 2: https://youtu.be/danOX0YE52c
Specific topics discussed:
Products vs. Services business model
Inspirational books (+ masterclasses)
Novel marketing strategies (YouTube is one…)
How to relentlessly execute and get things done
Failures and experiments
Optimizing for results rather than perfection
I hope you enjoy the full interview and that you’ll let Enoch know how much you appreciate his work. He’s doing amazing things for the architecture community and his weekly podcast is positively first-rate.
// GEAR I USE //
* Canon 70D: http://amzn.to/29klz7k
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: “Inside My Sketchbook + An Architect’s Sketching Tools”