Learn how to use the picture in a picture tool to overlay your videos for a better story-telling experience. Featured artist: JR Alli [http://bit.ly/2W5Wfu1]
Start from scratch, or download practice files [https://adobe.ly/2HLSNke] for a head start. Steps below.
Prep your project:
1. Create a new project in Premiere Rush (File – New – Project). Name your project.
Tip: You can also click Create New Project.
2. Import videos: Use the panel on the left (i.e., “Local”, “Cloud”, “Favorites”) and locate the video clips you’d like to use. Click on each video thumbnail – Rush adds the clips to your timeline in the order you select them. Click “Create” to import the clips. This may take a few minutes.
Position the 2nd clip:
1. Stagger the 2nd clip on the timeline: Drag the blue playhead to the point on the timeline where you’d like the 2nd clip to begin. Drag the clip above the 1st so the left edge aligns with the playhead. Rush adds it to a new track above the initial one.
2. Crop the video clip: Choose the Crop & Rotate tool, then expand the Advance section in the Transform panel. Under Crop, move the Left and Right sliders to crop the clip.
Note: We set the Left and Right crop to 33%.
3. Position the video clip: Under Basic, move the Horizontal Position to align the clip to the left edge.
Note: We set the Horizontal Position to 325.
Position the 3rd clip:
1. Stagger the clip on the timeline: Drag the blue playhead where you’d like the 3rd clip to begin and move the clip above the other 2.
2. Crop and position the clip: Crop the clip and move it into position.
Note: We set the Left and Right crop to 33% and the Horizontal Position to 1594.
Add another clip:
1. Click the Add Media (+ icon with a blue background), choose Add Media, and select the 4th clip provided in the exercise files, or use your own. Click Add.
2. Move the new clip into the desired position on the timeline. Use the Transform properties (from the Crop & Rotate tool) to adjust the scale and position.
Note: We set the scale for the Width and Height to 50, Left crop to 32%, Horizontal Position to 1441, and Vertical Position to 810.
That’s it! Play your sequence to see the complete movie title.
To learn more, visit our Premiere Rush page: https://adobe.ly/2Mjos0A
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.