How can you get customers? How to stand out in the marketplace? How to attract the attention of your potential customers?
00:00 – Your Social Media isn’t your portfolio
02:25 – How to get noticed in the job market
07:00 – Personal Stories that work
08:38 – Should you do work for free?
Summary by Andres Ramirez:
1. Social media is about conversations with people. Give them a reason to care and to share your content.
2. Find your voice and rhythm. Learn to write a few sentences, use great images, incorporate your unique lens to build an audience that shows up for you.
3. Start today! All this knowledge acquired is meaningless unless you apply it.
4. If you have a level of polish and have ideas with a point of view, people will reach out to you.
5. Stand out by one-eighth of an inch – Pick your niche and give value consistently on the platform that you think best suits you.
6. Do not negotiate against yourself before the client has an opportunity. Let them do their job so they can feel good about it as well.
7. Trade Up Principle: Sell something to buy something similar but more expensive. Allow yourself to do marketing projects or feel-good projects for a good cause.
👉See our Academy Channel: https://goo.gl/vB9zoP
Want a deeper dive? Typography, Lettering, Sales & Marketing, Social Media and The Business of Design courses available here:
🎙 Futur Podcast: https://thefutur.com/podcast/
✍️ Futur Blog: https://thefutur.com/blog/
Love the content? Become a sustaining member for $5/mo today.
Essential Reading for Creative Professionals: https://bit.ly/biz-booklist
Essential Design Books: https://bit.ly/futur-design-books
Kits & Proposals:
Visit our website:
We love getting your letters. Send it here:
c/o Chris Do
1702 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
🙏 Support The Futur by purchasing through our affiliate links:
Retro Supply Co.: http://bit.ly/2GW8gzR
Creative Market: https://goo.gl/g4jlTE
Design Cuts: http://bit.ly/2GSsAR3
✍️ Sharpen your skills by taking a course, using our affiliate links:
School of Motion: http://bit.ly/futur-som
Bring Your Own Laptop Tutorials: https://byol.me/thefutur
🎧 Do you like the music? Check out the music libraries we use in our affiliate links below:
Epidemic Sound: https://bit.ly/2T647tR
*By making a purchase through any of our affiliate links, we receive a very small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us on our mission to provide quality education to you. Thank you.
Host: Chris Do
Content Director: Matthew Encina
Producer: Mark Contreras
Cinematographers/Editors: Stewart Schuster, Ricky Lucas, Jona Garcia
Social Team: Elle Money, Alex Burlui
Futur Theme Music: Adam Sanborne http://www.adamsanborne.com
Typefaces: Futura, DIN, Helvetica Now, Calibre, Knockout, Champion Gothic