A 15-year old viewer inquires about which skills he can develop now to prepare for architecture school. My answer – which has nothing to do with math or physics – might surprise you.
We discuss both verbal and visual communication skills, problem solving, and my experience entering architecture school as a naive first-year student. The skills I recommend are all meta-skills, which are skills that serve a multiplicity of vocations and life paths.
Toward the end of the video, I give a few book (and other) recommendations to best prepare the new architecture student for what lies ahead.
Most architecture students don’t become architects, and that’s okay as the skills you’ll acquire will reward you in many different professions.
Thanks to Casper for writing…best of luck to you as you prepare for whatever path you choose.
// GEAR I USE //
* Canon 70D: http://amzn.to/29klz7k
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: “Inside My Sketchbook + An Architect’s Sketching Tools”