This panel discussion focuses on the state of entrepreneurship within the architecture profession. As designers, students are asked to explore ideas, solve problems, invent new systems and question methods – but rarely are they taught how to manage money and run their own business. Now that “start-up” culture has become mainstream, architecture and design students must learn how to become entrepreneurs.
• Quilian Riano, Founder and Principal of DSGN AGNC
• Peggy Deamer, Principal at Peggy Deamer and Assistant Dean and Professor of Architecture at Yale University
• George Valdes (M.Arch ‘12), VP Product at IrisVR, Inc.
• Masako Ikegami, Co-founder of Designers Assembly
• Manuel Shvartzberg, (Moderator) GSAPP Ph.D. candidate