Julian Schnabel at Philip Johnson’s Glass House

Built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, The Glass House in New Canaan, Connecticut, has become a place of pilgrimage for lovers of modern and contemporary painting and sculpture. Its position as an art mecca comes thanks to the patronage of its owners, Johnson and his partner, American art critic and curator David Whitney, who both passed away in 2005. Designed initially as Johnson’s residence, the site grew to house the couple’s ever-growing art collection, which includes pieces by Donald Judd, Bruce Nauman and Julian Schnabel. Read more on NOWNESS – http://bit.ly/2uik88I

___

Subscribe to NOWNESS here: http://bit.ly/youtube-nowness

Like NOWNESS on Facebook: http://bit.ly/facebook-nowness
Follow NOWNESS on Twitter: http://bit.ly/twitter-nowness
Daily exclusives for the culturally curious: http://bit.ly/nowness-com
Behind the scenes on Instagram: http://bit.ly/instagram-nowness
Curated stories on Tumblr: http://bit.ly/tumblr-nowness
Inspiration on Pinterest: http://bit.ly/pinterest-nowness
Staff Picks on Vimeo: http://bit.ly/vimeo-nowness
Subscribe on Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/nowness
Follow NOWNESS on Google+: http://bit.ly/google-nowness

source