Explore your creative side in a relaxing way by using a vector brush and a color palette to trace and fill a line sketch. Featured artist: Lidia Lukianova. Check out more of her work here: https://www.behance.net/lidialukianova
Start from scratch, or download practice files [https://adobe.ly/3ipc7DO] for a head start. Steps below.
Prep your files:
1. To use the practice file, save it to Creative Cloud Files or your preferred cloud service that you can access from your tablet.
2. Open Adobe Fresco and choose Import and open to open the PSD file.
Draw a guide:
1. Create a pencil sketch to serve as a guide for you to trace the lines, or use the sketch from the practice file.
Tip: Using a guide also helps train the hand to draw smoother lines with a stylus.
2. Before you draw, choose a color for your outline.
Tip: Shades of black work well because they create a clear definition between sections.
3. Select the Eyedropper and drag it to the color you want on the palettes below the sketch.
4. To reuse a color, tap the color chip and then tap the + (plus sign) icon to save the color to your library.
5. Choose a vector brush to create clear, crisp lines.
Tip: I chose the Basic Round brush for this project.
Outline the sketch:
1. Customize your brush using the settings at the bottom of the toolbar.
2. Experiment to find the right combination.
Tip: What ended up working best for me was to set the brush size to 7 and the Smoothing to 85%. I also unchecked Pressure Dynamics and Velocity Dynamics under the Brush Settings to create smooth lines that were all the same width.
3. Use your mouse or stylus to trace over the lines of the sketch.
Fix unwanted or intersecting strokes:
1. Use the Eraser—or keep the vector brush selected.
2. Double-tap the touch shortcut to activate its secondary state.
3. Hold it as you drag across the segment you want to trim.
Color and share:
1. Pick a color.
2. Choose the Paint Bucket.
Tip: This step works best if your lines intersect. If there are gaps, the color will fill unintended areas.
3. Experiment with different colors to see what you like.
4. Tap the Share icon and share to Behance, Quick Export to social media, or save your work in a variety of file formats.
5. See the beautiful Illustrations from our Adobe Coloring Book collection.
6. Choose your favorite, color it your way, and tag it with #AdobeColoringBook so you’ll share your creation with us.
To learn more, check out our Companion Tutorial: https://adobe.ly/3bYwSnD
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.
To watch with Subtitles/closed captions, click the CC icon in the lower-right corner.