An in-depth design and construction guide for architectural board formed concrete including detailed specifications for: the concrete mix, form construction, wall ties, wood type, concrete placement and special design considerations.
This is a new technique for 30X40 Design Workshop which we’re excited to use on our Squid Cove Project here on the coast of Maine. While it’s a common construction detail employed in the Pacific Northwest, here in New England there are relatively few examples or contractors versed in this expressive yet humble material expression.
I created this video to share with you our findings having cast our sample panel and will update the video with a link to the finished product once it’s complete.
Please leave your questions in the comments below. You can help grow the channel by liking, subscribing and sharing. Many thanks!
// GEAR I USE //
* Canon 70D: http://amzn.to/29klz7k
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: “Inside My Sketchbook + An Architect’s Sketching Tools”