An in-depth gear review of the best drone for architects available today. I discuss the factors that influenced my decision to purchase the Mavic Pro from DJI, unbox it, and describe the use cases and features architects care most about.
Factors influencing my decision to purchase the Mavic: cost, portability, camera quality, ease of use, and flight time. The Mavic Pro managed to come out on top in each category almost every time.
I purchased the Fly More Combo for $1299 which included extra batteries, a four-hub charger, a car charger, extra propellers, carrying case and a power hub.
I’m using the Mavic Pro as a portable drone for:
– Project documentation
– Presentation + marketing
– Architectural cinematography
– Site analysis
– Topographic mapping
– Construction observation
– Educational tool
– Lead generation (working with Realtors)
I also discuss the essential accessories and apps you’ll need to operate the Mavic Pro:
– ND filters by PolarPro, Airmap, DJI Go 4, UAV Forecast, SunSeeker
I close the video by reviewing current FAA regulations regarding hobby and commercial use of drones in the USA.
// GEAR I USE //
*Mavic Pro: http://amzn.to/2rZ6DIO
* Canon 70D: http://amzn.to/29klz7k
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: “Inside My Sketchbook + An Architect’s Sketching Tools”