Thank you AEC Daily for sponsoring this video. Click here for your source of free and accredited architecture, engineering construction courses:
If you’d like to help support ARTiculations – feel free to leave something in the tip jar: https://ko-fi.com/articulations
Discuss this video in Discord: https://discord.gg/4DWvahY94U
You can also follow me on:
Oxygen Garden by Chris Zabriskie: www.chriszabriskie.com
Licensed under Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0
Sources & Further Reading:
1. Ronald Rael, “Introduction” in Earth Architecture (New York, NY: Princeton Architectural Press, 2009), pp.9, 15.
2. Laura Schleussner et al., “Afritecture: Building Social Change” in Afritecture: Building Social Change (Ostfildern, Germany: Hatje Cantz, 2013), pp. 13.
3. Clifton Schooley & Associates, “Insulated Rammed Earth,” Rammed Earth Home Designers and Builders – Canada (Clifton Schooley & Associates, June 29, 2018), https://www.rammedearth.info/insulated-rammed-earth-canada/.
4. Ronald Rael, “Introduction” and “Compressed Earth Block” in Earth Architecture (New York, NY: Princeton Architectural Press, 2009), pp.10-11, 157-158
5. Andres Lepik and Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.) , “Primary School,” in Small Scale, Big Change New Architectures of Social Engagement (New York, NY: Museum of Modern Art, 2010), pp. 33-34.
6. The World Bank, “Burkina Faso Overview,” World Bank (The World Bank Group), accessed September 29, 2022, https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/burkinafaso/overview.Architecture of Change 244
7. Andres Lepik and Beygo Ayça, Francis Kéré: Radically Simple (Berlin, Germany: Hatje Cantz, 2016), pp 14, 34-36.
8. “Kéré: Work – Gando Primary School,” Kéré Architecture GmbH, accessed October 7, 2022, https://www.kerearchitecture.com/work/building/gando-primary-school-3.
Image and Video Credits: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KM0iR9NnBZvuxExabkA2iHM4m-d0egMfGv9eQu7Sp-Y/edit?usp=sharing