Let your subject soar with some quick adjustments of the Path Blur tool. Find out how to add a dynamic blur in photoshop. Download Photoshop here to get started: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html
Start from scratch, or download practice files [https://learndownload.adobe.com/pub/learn/photoshop/dynamic-movement.zip] for a head start. Steps below.
Add first light source:
1. Open the Adobe Stock image provided in the practice files in Photoshop. Click the Lock icon on the layer to unlock it.
2. Right-click on the layer and choose Convert to Smart Object.
3. Choose Path Blur from the Blur Gallery (Filter – Blur Gallery – Path Blur).
4. Define the direction of motion: Click to drop a pin on the part of the photo where you want the appearance of motion.
Note: We chose to show the effects of motion from the dancer’s head and feet
5. Refine the appearance of movement: Drag individual points to adjust the direction of the blur. Click to drop a pin to add multiple paths as necessary. Use the Speed slider to adjust the amount of the blur. Click OK to commit the changes and return to the standard editing workspace.
Note: We set the speed to 200% to increase the blur for the appearance of fast movement.
6. Click the mask thumbnail on Smart Filters in the Layers panel and choose the Brush tool. Adjust the brush size and brush over the areas that should not be blurred.
To learn, more visit our Photoshop Tutorials page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.