Video Courtesy of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture
– Bait Ur Rouf Mosque, Dhaka, Bangladesh / Marina Tabassum Architects
A refuge for spirituality in urban Dhaka, selected for its beautiful use of natural light.
– Friendship Centre, Gaibandha, Bangladesh / Kashef Chowdhury + URBANA
A community centre which makes a virtue of an area susceptible to flooding in rural Bangladesh.
A children’s library selected for its embodiment of contemporary life in the traditional courtyard residences of Beijing’s Hutongs.
– Superkilen, Copenhagen, Denmark / BIG + Topotek 1 + Superflex
A public space promoting integration across lines of ethnicity, religion and culture.
– Tabiat Pedestrian Bridge, Tehran, Iran / Diba Tensile Architecture, Leila Araghian + Alireza Behzadi
A multi-level bridge spanning a busy motorway has created a dynamic new urban space.
– Issam Fares Institute, Beirut, Lebanon / Zaha Hadid Architects
A new building for the American University of Beirut’s campus, radical in composition but respectful of its traditional context.