Tips to improve your architectural photography. You'll learn the stylistic and technical fundamentals to help you take better photographs of architecture whether it's your own work, or someone else's. In this video I share with you some of the amateur mistakes I made when I was first starting out so you can avoid them in your work.
Photography is an essential meta skill I think every creative needs in their toolkit, it teaches you about light, composition, texture, color and narrative and it will help you document your surroundings, your design projects and your travels in a more professional style.
The seven tips I discuss are:
1) Keystoning + how to correct it
2) White balance + style
3) Using a tripod + why you need one
4) Lenses: the best ones for architecture
6) Light + how to make best use of it
See the links below for for the gear I'm using.
// GEAR I USE //
*Mavic Pro by DJI: http://amzn.to/2hW3dTA
* Canon 6DMKII http://thirtybyforty.com/6dmkii
* Canon 80D: http://amzn.to/2fBWGMQ
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Canon 10 - 18mm f4.5 - 5.6 IS Lens: http://amzn.to/2vyErvS
* Canon 24-70mm f2.8L Lens: http://amzn.to/2DMt0Y5
* Canon 16-35mm f4L IS Lens: https://amzn.to/2Emj9Ev
MUSIC I USE:
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
* Copic Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/copic-sketch
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
CAD DRAWING TEMPLATE:
* Download here: http://thirtybyforty.com/autocad-template
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: "Inside My Sketchbook + An Architect's Sketching Tools"
An overview of creating high dynamic range images in Adobe Photoshop using the Merge to HDR Pro automated action. Includes stitching images together using the Photomerge automated action in Adobe Photoshop. Also includes basic masking techniques for selectively appleying adjustment layers to parts of an image.