Improve the quality, clarity and graphics of your CAD drawings with this step-by-step tutorial. As I take the plan sketches for the Gallery House project and draft them in AutoCAD, I'll share with you all my tips, tricks and best practices for turning flat, dull and lifeless CAD drawings into presentation quality, professional documents.
A strong graphical style not only sells your idea to your client, but it helps the tradespeople better understand - and construct - exactly what you’ve designed.
1) When CAD enters my workflow (and why)
2) Why you need to be using a drawing template
3) Tools + software
4) Tips for achieving clear line weights + styles
5) How to use contrast to your advantage
6) Why you should be printing your drawings regularly
You can download my CAD template here: http://thirtybyforty.com/autocad-template
My sincere thanks for supporting my work and the channel...I sincerely appreciate it!
// GEAR I USE //
*Mavic Pro by DJI: http://amzn.to/2hW3dTA
*Canon 6DMKII http://amzn.to/2mkrtxt
*Canon 80D: http://amzn.to/2fBWGMQ
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Canon 10 - 18mm f4.5 - 5.6 IS Lens: http://amzn.to/2vyErvS
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
MUSIC I USE:
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: "Inside My Sketchbook + An Architect's Sketching Tools"
An overview of bringing an AutoCAD .dwg file into Rhino and using it as a base for a Rhino 3D model. Covers the use of the split command as well as other basic commands to create a block for later use. Also includes texture mapping and assigning appropriate materials in V-Ray.